“The best weight you’ll ever lose is the weight of other people’s opinions.”
If there’s one thing I know in life, it’s that “work it, make it, do it, mix it, harder, better, faster, stronger” may be the only words that can get me to do another squat rep (tysm for the fitspo banger, Kanye).
But if “Stronger” hasn’t been your jam since 2007, there’s a whole side of social media dedicated to hyping you up for a workout when you have zero motivation.
And accessing this side of the internet is actually easy-peasy. It starts with following
body-positive activists, curating a solid workout playlist, and then reading through a bunch of inspiring workout quotes, which pretty much all exist on platforms like Instagram.
So to help you on your journey from couch to vinyasa queen, here’s a list of le best workout quotes to motivate you. (Oh, and if you don’t want to get out of your bed because, hi, Grey’s Anatomy, there’s a workout for that too.)
1. “A spark of inspiration starts a fire of possibilities. Don’t be afraid to go after whatever sets your soul on fire.” —Heidi Somers
2. “Opportunities are always there, you just have to be willing to put in the work for a better and brighter future.” —Chontel Duncan
3. “Sometimes forced change is a good thing because it forces us to dig deeper, be stronger, and get creative.” —Cassey Ho
4. “You are responsible for your happiness. In fact, you create it. You attract it. You manifest it. You are the architect of your reality. You choose your thoughts, your perceptions, and your reaction to external forces. You possess all of the tools needed to expand your awareness, to orchestrate the evolution of your consciousness, to choose happiness, to choose love. You are that powerful. Create the life you deserve. Vibrate love.” —Jeanette Jenkins
5. “Stop wishing. Start doing. And next time you fix your lips to say ‘I wish…’ perhaps consider replacing it with ‘I will….’” —Lita Lewis
6. “Movement should be fun. It should be something you enjoy. It should be something that makes you feel good, not allows you to question your worth.” —Gabby Male
7. “Step into your own light and you’ll find yourself a whole new path.” —Angie Coleman
8. “Maybe it’s time to just let all of yourself be there. Maybe you were born for this shit. Just because you didn’t know something yesterday doesn’t mean you can’t learn it today. You cannot pretend your way into the future. The trembles are more important than any moment of stillness. Maybe you can just fall down backward and trust that you’ll pick your ass up again on the other side.” —Jessamyn
9. “The best weight you’ll ever lose is the weight of other people’s opinions.” —Anna Victoria
10. “The best way to love your body is to appreciate what it does for you. Focus on that and nourish it with nutritious food, exercise, and rest.” —Emily Skye
11. “The best revenge is no revenge. Move on. Be happy.” —Ashley Joi
12. “Take the first step by decluttering your mind, making mends with your thoughts, and knowing that each one of us can make this world a better place. As the great Mahatma Gandhi said, ‘Be the change you wish to see around you.’ It starts with you!” —Yasmin Karachiwala
Taylor is one of the sex and relationship editors who can tell you exactly which vibrators are worth the splurge, why you’re still dreaming about your ex, and tips on how to have the best sex of your life (including what word you should spell with your hips during cowgirl sex)—oh, and you can follow her on Instagram here.
Prime Day = Your Chance to Level Up Your Workout
Jen Aniston Dished the Simplest Workout Tip…Ever
Sweat Ruining Your Flow? Get These Yoga Towels
Behold: The 11 Best lululemon Leggings of All Time
Everything I Learned From Nike Running Camp
Yep, We’re in Love With These 54 Activewear Brands
The WFH Accessory You Need? A Treadmill Desk!
All You Ever Wanted to Know About Barre Classes
Need a New Running Playlist? We Gotchu
Found: All the Most Aesthetic Pickleball Paddles
9 Top-Rated Exercise Bikes for Spinning at Home
Runners: These Phone Holders Won’t Slow Ya Down
A Part of Hearst Digital Media
We may earn commission from links on this page, but we only recommend products we back.
©2023 Hearst Magazine Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.